Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Glimpse of Sonoma

Sonoma Mural

Yesterday I enjoyed a leisurely half-day in Sonoma having my hair cut and lunching. I enjoyed looking at the town and surrounding area with new eyes. Everywhere I went, I found charm.

Vineyard with Mustard blooming

On the way up I got in the mood when passing numerous fields with the delicate and bright mustard flowers popping up.

Mustard blooming in the vineyard

I tried capturing some on the way out of town, but it wasn't nearly as misty as when I drove in, so I didn't capture that mysterious misty look low on the green fields filled with mustard. I enjoyed seeing it in the rows between fields on the way back.

El Paseo

In town, I walked through the little breezeway to the shops at El Paseo.

Hall

From the street you have no idea of the thoughtful beautification of the walls,

Ceiling

and the ceiling just a few steps from the shops inside.

Sonoma Square

The back of Sonoma Square also looked charming. I just had fun looking, lunching and loving the beautiful day!

1 comment:

Zoomie said...

Sonoma is one of our favorite places to while away an afternoon. Wonderful for Fourth of July fireworks after dark, too.